Welcome back to LifeSmarts as we kick-off the program’s 26th year!
Welcome to the starting line of a brand new season of LifeSmarts! We are ready to hit the ground running for another exciting year providing financial and consumer literacy skills to teens and free educational resources to coaches.
Individual and team registrations will go live next week, and that’s when the competition will kick off! Right now we encourage you to start your LifeSmarts year be learning about new resources, and community service and scholarship opportunities. Here’s a sneak peek:
- New content vocabulary is featured in resources and competition
- LifeSmarts in a Box is back in print! Use our “contact us” form to order your free copy
- Check out all of our most popular learning resources
- LifeSmarts videos: Competitors, educators, coordinators, and sponsors tell the LifeSmarts story
- TeamSmarts allows teams to compete for cash prizes each month, September through February. This web-based team competition is a great team practice tool. Watch for it to go live soon!
- Partnering with student leadership organizations strengthens LifeSmarts and complements these organizations’ projects, judging events, competitive events, and activities.
- Coming soon: A special LifeSmarts safety quest for middle school participants focusing on lithium ion button cell batteries and the risks and hazards they pose to young children. This team-building and leadership opportunity will culminate in a PSA contest among middle school LifeSmarts teams.
Community Service and Scholarship Opportunities
- Safety Smart: This service learning program that makes your students the teachers! Ideal for community service projects, LifeSmarts players who participate in Safety Smart can also apply for a $1,000 scholarship. The deadline is December 1.
- Fraud Ambassadors: Thanks to a long-standing partnership with Western Union, high school LifeSmarts participants have the opportunity to educate older citizens to avoid fraud. LifeSmarts Fraud Ambassadors will highlight common advance-fee and fake check scams, demonstrating their knowledge that education is the best protection against fraud.
- Privacy essay: One LifeSmarts student will win a $2,000 scholarship by submitting the winning privacy essay in a contest sponsored by ITRC and CyberScout.