Welcome FBLA Students and Advisors!
LifeSmarts teaches financial and consumer literacy through fun competitions. FBLA-affiliated LifeSmarts teams are invited to compete in two separate events:
- The FBLA LifeSmarts Challenge and
- Varsity LifeSmarts competition
For more details, please read the FBLA Adviser starter guide. (Coming soon)
Advisors: Please visit this page for more resources specific to coaching your team.
The LifeSmarts FBLA Challenge
The LifeSmarts FBLA Challenge is a competitive event that begins online, and the 12 top-scoring teams from both the Fall and Spring Challenges advance to live, in-person competition at the National Leadership Conference. Learn more about the LifeSmarts FBLA Challenge.
Download the NEW FBLA Coach Starter Guide!
- Two Challenges are offered during the school year:
- Fall Competition–October 17 – November 11, 2022
- Spring Competition–January 30 – February 24, 2023
FBLA chapters may participate in state and national Varsity LifeSmarts championships
- Four- or five-person teams compete online to advance to state competitions and possibly the National LifeSmarts Championship in April.
- Teams must complete the online qualification quizzes before their state’s online closing date.
- Click here to review the registration process for online competition
Additional Opportunities for FBLA Teams
From September through January, FBLA teams may compete against other FBLA chapters in the monthly TeamSmarts quiz. Each month the top-scoring FBLA team will receive a $100 cash prize. Click here to learn more about TeamSmarts.
- Teams are eligible to win one TeamSmarts Award per program year. This includes one team per chapter, school, county, etc.
- To compete for the FBLA TeamSmarts award, coaches must select “FBLA” for their team type or list FBLA in the drop-down menu under “what type of team is this?”
Wild Card Team to the National LifeSmarts Championship
FBLA teams may apply to be selected as a Wild Card champion team to compete in the National LifeSmarts Championship. Interested FBLA teams of 4-5 students, working with an adult adviser or coach, must complete the Wild Card application process. The winning team will receive at least $1,000 in travel stipends to attend the National LifeSmarts Championship in April. You will compete at least seven times against teams from across the country. To learn more about applying as a Wild Card team, click here.