The staff of the National Consumers League established the Sarah Weinberg LifeSmarts Memorial Scholarship to honor our colleague Sarah Weinberg, who passed away tragically in 2016. This scholarship serves to commemorate the considerable contributions Sarah made to the League, the LifeSmarts program, and to the greater community through her passion for volunteer service.
Sarah was a wonderful colleague and friend, and we are gratified to honor the spirit of service she exemplified in her life with the Sarah Weinberg LifeSmarts Memorial Scholarship. This $500 post-secondary scholarship will be awarded to one senior LifeSmarts student each year who has demonstrated a strong commitment to giving back to their community.
Each spring, coaches are encouraged to nominate one graduating senior student from their team or school who has:
- Participated in LifeSmarts
- Conducted community service outreach within their school or community by using using LifeSmarts projects, such as the Over the Counter Medicine Safety Mentoring Program, the Meta Get Digital educational program, or any other LifeSmarts educational sharing project and/or conducting other outreach to provide service and education to others.
- 2022: Sadie Heckert, Nebraska
- 2021: Sophia Merka, Georgia
- 2020: Hannah Wolfe, Pennsylvania
- 2019: Everett Charles, Tennessee
- 2018: Lekabel Abul, Washington DC
- 2017: Kathryn Tackett, Georgia