LifeSmarts builds consumer literacy by combining uniquely broad consumer content with a vocabulary-building framework. The free resources and online and live competitions provide students with the opportunity to show what they have learned and how they are applying this new information to daily life.
Tips for using content vocabulary:
- Download the entire glossary to use as a study tool
- Have students play the content vocabulary matching games that go along with each week’s vocabulary
- Use the glossary with many of the fun learning activities found in LifeSmarts in a Box
- Answer the Word of the Day question and review vocabulary as a bell-ringer activity in class
- Use the monthly Question-a-Day calendars to run fun competitions in the classroom or in a practice session
Every day between September and February, LifeSmarts will post a content vocabulary word connected to a specific LifeSmarts subtopic. Use these lists as a starting point when studying and preparing for competition: