LifeSmarts builds consumer literacy by combining uniquely broad consumer content with a vocabulary-building framework. The free resources and online and live competitions provide students with the opportunity to show what they have learned and how they are applying this new information to daily life.
Tips for using content vocabulary:
- Download the entire glossary to use as a study tool
- Use the glossary with many of the fun learning activities found in LifeSmarts in a Box
- Review the Word of the Day and Question of the Day and review vocabulary as a bell-ringer activity in class or an ice-breaker at meetings.
- Use the monthly Question of the Day calendars to run fun competitions in the classroom or in a practice session
- Have students play the content vocabulary matching games that go along with each week ‘s vocabulary – Updated versions coming soon
- Have students play the Flippity and Quizlet games – Check the LifeSmarts category resource pages for those links.
Every morning between September and February, LifeSmarts will post a content vocabulary word and a question connected to a specific LifeSmarts subtopic on Twitter. The answers are posted later that day. Questions of the day and answers continue through the month of May. Use these lists as a starting point when studying and preparing for competition.