Welcome to LifeSmarts!
Are you new to LifeSmarts and excited to get started? You have come to the right place!
Registering and Competing
- Download the LifeSmarts Coach’s Guide (currently in revision)
- LifeSmarts Mastery Rule: Student competitors who are members of a team that wins the National LifeSmarts Championship are ineligible to compete again in Varsity LifeSmarts on the state or national level. These outstanding students will be encouraged to stay involved in LifeSmarts as mentors, student coaches for their school or organization, members of the LifeSmarts Team Advisory Board, student assistants at the National LifeSmarts Championship, and active LifeSmarts alumni. LifeSmarts made this change, effective with the 2018-2019 program year, to encourage more teams and students to compete.
- Click here to learn more about registering and competing
- Download the New LifeSmarts Monthly Checklist Calendar – a suggested checklist for coaches
- Click here to learn more about opportunities for FBLA chapters
- Click here to learn more about opportunities for FCCLA chapters
- Click here to learn more about opportunities for 4-H clubs and county programs
- Register online and create teams
- Have students register online, then choose one student per team as the team’s captain
- Have teams compete online before your state’s online closing date
- Compete at your state competition
- And just maybe… pack your bags for Nationals!
Resources for Recruitment, Classrooms and Team Practices
- How to LifeSmarts
- New LifeSmarts Monthly Checklist Calendar – a suggested checklist for coaches
- Promo Flyer
- Get to know LifeSmarts
- Facts about LifeSmarts
- Use LifeSmarts resources to augment class work and prepare teams for competition
- Study the weekly vocabulary, and then have students take the quiz
- Review the calendar, and use the questions for a daily LifeSmarts focus, or a monthly capstone
- Use the retired LifeSmarts competition rounds to run a fun LifeSmarts competition in class or with your team
- Check out the Word of the Day, Question of the Day, and Daily Resource
- Use the Daily Quiz for a quick class starter
- Direct students to take practice quizzes, where they may select the topic and difficulty level
- Have your team take the monthly TeamSmarts quiz to see how they stack up against the best teams across the country (captains access the quiz in their login area)
- Use the LifeSmarts U lessons with your students to focus on specific topics
Stay in Touch
Join the online conversation! Be sure to:
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Sign up for eNews to receive the monthly eBulletin and program updates
Thanks for all the work you do with students to help them become capable, consumer-savvy adults. Educators make a difference! Please contact us with questions or if you need assistance with this Web site.