Welcome FBLA Advisers and Coaches!
LifeSmarts teaches financial and consumer literacy through fun and challenging activities and competition.
Click here to review the registration process for online competition.
Click here to download the NEW FBLA Coach Starter Guide.
Coach Dashboard Instructions
Click here to download the LifeSmarts FBLA Challenge quick reference guide.
The FBLA LifeSmarts competition begins with the online Challenge, with top-scoring teams advancing to live, in-person competition at the National Leadership Conference. Teams of two FBLA members pair up to compete individually and as a team, and the 12 top-scoring teams from each Challenge (one per state, per challenge) are eligible to participate in the LifeSmarts FBLA Challenge.
Learn more about the LifeSmarts FBLA Challenge
- Two-person teams compete online with the chance to advance to live, in-person competition at the National Leadership Conference
- Two Challenges are offered during the school year:
- Fall Competition–October 17 – November 11, 2022
- Spring Competition–January 30 – February 24, 2023
- IMPORTANT – New this year from FBLA: Participation – Members may compete in an event at NLC more than once if they have not previously placed in the top ten of that event at NLC. If a member places in the top ten of an event at NLC, they are no longer eligible to compete in that event. This eliminates the exceptions for team events that were previously in place, as this change will now affect all events.
STATE AND NATIONAL LIFESMARTS
We invite FBLA chapters to participate in state and national LifeSmarts championships.
Four- or five-person teams compete online with the chance to advance to the National LifeSmarts Championship in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Teams must complete the online qualification quizzes before their state’s online closing date
- Visit the New Coaches link to learn more!
- Download the LifeSmarts Coach’s Guide
- FBLA Teams may also apply for a LifeSmarts Wild Card bid to compete in the National LifeSmarts Championship.
MONTHLY TEAMSMARTS CHALLENGE
From September through January, FBLA teams may compete against other FBLA chapters in the monthly TeamSmarts quiz. Each month the top-scoring FBLA team will receive a $100 cash prize. Click here to learn more about TeamSmarts.
- Teams are eligible to win one TeamSmarts Award per program year. This includes one team per chapter, school, county, etc.
- To compete for the FBLA TeamSmarts award, coaches must select “FBLA” for their team type or list FBLA in the drop-down menu under “what type of team is this?”
We look forward to having your team involved in LifeSmarts! Please contact us with any questions. We are always happy to help!