LifeSmarts has always had a strong connection with FCCLA (Family, Career and Community Leaders of America), and teams affiliated with FCCLA have the opportunity to compete both in LifeSmarts and in the FCCLA/LifeSmarts Knowledge Bowl.
Click here for directions to register for LifeSmarts.
Click here for the FCCLA coach’s quick reference guide.
- Five-member teams register first online,– September 15 – October 15, 2021.
All teams must be registered at www.LifeSmarts.org and take the FCCLA TeamSmarts quiz by October 15. All team members are expected to work together to take the TeamSmarts Quiz.
- Round 2 – Team Interviews – November 15 – 19, 2021
The top forty (40) teams with the highest TeamSmarts scores will move on to the next round of the competition – the Team Interviews. There is a one-time registration fee of $100 per team for the Team Interview phase of the competition. Team Interviews will determine the top sixteen (16) teams that qualify to compete at the National Leadership Conference.
- Online Testing for National Leadership Conference Qualifiers
All sixteen advancing teams and the top two (2) alternate National Qualifying teams will take the National TeamSmarts quiz in the Spring (March 1-31), similar in format to the TeamSmarts quiz teams took in the fall, but with new questions. Teams will not have to re-register. The “FCCLA TeamSmarts Quiz” will automatically appear in the team captain’s page. This will be the teams’ first event in the National Leadership Conference competition.
- Championship at National Leadership Conference – June 29 – July 3, 2022
- We invite FCCLA chapters to participate in state and national LifeSmarts tournaments.
- Teams may compete in both their state’s Varsity LifeSmarts competition and in the FCCLA/LifeSmarts Knowledge Bowl.
- Four- or five-person teams compete online with the chance to advance to the National LifeSmarts Championship in April
- Teams must complete the online qualification quizzes before their state’s online closing date
- FCCLA teams may also apply for the wild card spot reserved for one FCCLA team to represent the organization and compete at the National LifeSmarts Championship.
- To receive a Wild Card bid to the National LifeSmarts Championship, FCCLA chapters must complete the application and requirements.
FCCLA chapters can win monthly TeamSmarts chapter awards! Register your team for the monthly TeamSmarts quiz to compete against other FCCLA chapters; the top-scoring team will receive a $100 cash prize! The TeamSmarts quizzes are open each month from September – February. Learn more about TeamSmarts here. (Teams may win one TeamSmarts chapter award per year.)
Please contact us with any additional questions. Best of luck in the competition this year!