LifeSmarts is excited to offer middle school teams the opportunity to go on a quest — a safety quest! The JV XPLORLABS Quest is provided in partnership with UL and its safety engineering module on portable electrical power.
Coaches may use this lesson in the classroom and in team practice. Students will learn how consumers can safely use lithium ion batteries. Everything you need is right here!
Steps in the Quest
- Coach introduces lesson (see below for consumer health focused lesson)
- Students take pretest (when students login they will find this under the “Competitions” tab)
- Coach presents the lesson
- Students take posttest (when students login they will find this under the “Competitions” tab)
- Students create video PSA and upload it to LifeSmarts
- LifeSmarts awards prizes and posts winning videos
- Winning teams will earn $100 stipends to put toward a fun pizza party or whatever they wish!
- Winning PSAs will be showcased on the LifeSmarts and UL web sites, and at the 2020 National LifeSmarts Championship
- Ten winning videos in all; submit anytime between October 2019 – March 2020
- JV XPLORLABS Quest Lesson: STEM focus
- JV XPLORLABS Quest Lesson: Consumer health focus
- Worksheets and Keys
- Video PSA Rubric
- Video upload form
UL XPLORLABS Resources
- UL’s XPLORLABS Portable Electrical Power module
- UL’s XPLORLABS Educator Guide (The Bologna Test)
- UL’s XPLORLABS Student Guide (The Bologna Test)