34 state champion teams to compete for national LifeSmarts title
State champion teams from across the country are preparing to compete in San Diego at the 24th National LifeSmarts Championship, April 21-24, 2018. Follow the action through social media and at LifeSmarts.org:
- Follow us on Facebook, where you will find daily updates and can watch the competition scoreboard in real time.
- Watch the semifinal and final matches via live stream at LifeSmarts.org on Tuesday, April 24, beginning at 9 am Pacific / 12 noon Eastern.
Don’t miss out! There are still many ways to stay involved with LifeSmarts–and many remaining opportunities include chances at prizes and scholarships.
- Tell us your LifeSmarts story! We’re asking coaches and students to tell us your LifeSmarts “a-ha” moment. We will use your stories throughout the year as we celebrate our 25th anniversary in 2018-19.
- Launch a Safety Smart community service project and qualify for scholarships and other prizes: Classes and FBLA, FCCLA, and 4-H groups looking for a quick and fun service project can find it at LifeSmarts.org: Disney’s Timon & Pumbaa are along to help your students teach valuable life skills, like healthy living, going green, transportation safety, and staying safe at home. The deadline to apply for scholarships is April 13.
- Celebrate the LifeSmarts Year of Health and Safety by becoming an OTC medicine safety mentor. LifeSmarts students teach 5th and 6th graders about medicine safety or host community events. Materials are scripted and easy to adapt. Student mentors are eligible to apply for $1,000 scholarships by May 31. Teams or chapters may apply for a $500 team community service award. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Nominate a stand-out student for the Sarah Weinberg LifeSmarts Memorial Scholarship. This $500 scholarship will be awarded to a LifeSmarts participant who demonstrates a commitment, like Sarah did, to volunteer service work. Scholarship applications are due April 13, 2018. One $500 scholarship will be awarded. Nominate a student here.