LifeSmarts is excited to engage its students as Fraud Ambassadors to educate older members of their communities about fraud.
Teams attending the 2022 National LifeSmarts Championship have the opportunity to meet with older / senior community members to deliver a Fraud Prevention presentation. We encourage all LifeSmarts students to make a difference by sharing their knowledge with our older citizens to help prevent fraud.
Materials to use in your presentations:
- Fraud Ambassador PowerPoint
- Fraud Ambassador Presentation Guide
- Fraud Ambassador Jeopardy-style game
The students who helped pilot the materials gave us these additional tips:
- Discuss stories in the media. Here are a few examples:
- How Isolation and COVID Make Seniors More Vulnerable to Fraud and Exploitation
- Elder Fraud – FBI
- NCL recommends this series by NPR: Age of fraud: Are seniors more vulnerable to financial scams?
- Talk about stories in your presentation, but don’t ask audience members for personal stories
- Practice the presentation so you don’t just read the slides.
- Remember that the audience enjoys engaging with you!
NCL thanks Western Union for sponsoring this educational project.