Welcome FCCLA Students and Advisers!
LifeSmarts has always had a strong connection with FCCLA, and now student members of the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America have the opportunity to compete both in LifeSmarts and in the FCCLA/LifeSmarts Knowledge Bowl.
Click here for directions to register for LifeSmarts.
Click here for the FCCLA coach’s quick reference guide.
The FCCLA LifeSmarts competitive event begins with the online qualification, and the 16 top teams from the National Fall Conference are eligible to participate at the 2020 FCCLA National Leadership Conference.
- Five-member teams register first online, then compete in-person at Cluster Meetings and NLC
- Teams must compete at the National Fall Conference in order to qualify for the Championship at NLC.
- Sixteen teams earn a berth at NLC via National Fall Conference qualifying rounds
We invite FCCLA chapters to participate in state and national LifeSmarts tournaments.
Learn more about the state and national Varsity LifeSmarts tournaments, including the FCCLA TeamSmarts Challenge.
- Four- or five-person teams compete online with the chance to advance to the National LifeSmarts Championship in April
- Teams must complete the online qualification quizzes before their state’s online closing date
LifeSmarts FCCLA Chapter Awards
FCCLA chapters can win monthly chapter awards! Register your team for the monthly TeamSmarts quiz to compete against other FCCLA chapters; the top-scoring team will receive a $100 cash prize! The TeamSmarts quizzes are open each month from September – January. Learn more about TeamSmarts here.
- Teams may compete in both their state’s LifeSmarts competition, the FCCLA LifeSmarts Challenge, and in the FCCLA/LifeSmarts Knowledge Bowl.
- To compete in the monthly TeamSmarts quiz, teams may register using the FCCLA competition code, or the standard LifeSmarts competition code; teams are not allowed to compete in both.
- Teams may win one TeamSmarts chapter award per year.
Please contact us with any additional questions. Best of luck in the competition this year!