Currently Seeking Applicants for:
LifeSmarts Internship, Full or Part Time
The National Consumers League seeks a motivated intern who wants to work with a nonprofit advocacy group. The League is a national membership organization that protects and promotes social and economic justice for consumers and workers in the United States and abroad on issues including telemarketing and Internet fraud, food and drug safety, and fair labor standards.
The intern will assist NCL staff with ongoing projects and research in support of LifeSmarts, a consumer education program for high school students. The program tests students’ consumer knowledge on consumer rights and responsibilities, health and safety, the environment, personal finance, and technology through online quizzes and in-person state and national competitions. This internship will provide an opportunity to:
- Assist with outreach related to the annual national competition.
- Develop LifeSmarts materials such as study aids to be posted at www.lifesmarts.org.
- Write questions for the LifeSmarts online quiz and live competitions.
- Work on special projects such as LifeSmarts program outreach, recruitment of state coordinators, and assessment of the program.
- Occasionally, the League is able to offer a stipend when grant funding allows. Please inquire. Many interns work part time at another job while completing their NCL internship. We ask that interns make a minimum time commitment of eight weeks, spending at least 20 hours per week working at the League. Of course, we welcome longer time commitments. Work hours per week are flexible for longer-term assignments. Our goal is to tailor your internship to suit your specific needs. The League is happy to consider the particular interests of applicants and will develop specific projects, complete paperwork, etc., as needed for class credit.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample to:LifeSmarts Intern, NCL, 1701 K Street, N.W., Suite 1200, Washington, D.C., 20006, fax: 202-835-0747, email: email@example.com.