Currently Seeking Applicants for:
LifeSmarts Remote Internship, Full or Part Time
The National Consumers League seeks a motivated intern who wants to work with a nonprofit advocacy group. The League is a national membership organization that protects and promotes social and economic justice for consumers and workers in the United States and abroad on issues including telemarketing and fraud, food/drug safety, and fair labor standards.
The intern will assist NCL staff with ongoing projects and research in support of LifeSmarts, a consumer education program for middle and high school students. The program tests students’ consumer knowledge on consumer rights & responsibilities, health & safety, the environment, personal finance, and technology & workforce preparation through online quizzes and in-person state and national competitions. This remote internship will provide an opportunity to:
- Assist with outreach related to the annual national competition.
- Develop LifeSmarts materials such as study aids to be posted online
- Write questions for LifeSmarts online quizzes and live competitions
- Work on special projects such as LifeSmarts program deliverables, program outreach, research projects, and other duties as assigned.
- We ask that interns make a minimum time commitment of six weeks, spending at least 20 hours per week working for the LifeSmarts program. Of course, we welcome longer time commitments. Work hours per week are flexible . Our goal is to tailor your internship to suit your specific needs. LifeSmarts is happy to consider the particular interests of applicants and will develop specific projects, complete paperwork, etc., as needed for class credit.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample to:LifeSmarts Intern, NCL, 1701 K Street, N.W., Suite 1200, Washington, D.C., 20006, fax: 202-835-0747, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.