The National Consumers League LifeSmarts Program is excited to have your team competing in the 29th National LifeSmarts Championship!
This page will provide updates for teams. Check back often for updates.
Wrap Up Page – Press Release, Link to Photos, Final Placings
Rewatch the Semi-finals and Finals
National LifeSmarts Championship Certificate 1 for Team Members
National LifeSmarts Championship Certificate 2 for Team Members
Click here for the Registration form and team agreement for 2023 Teams
Click here for the State Champion Coach Memo
Click here for the competition rules for the 2023 LifeSmarts National
Championship (included in Coach memo)
NEW: Pilot new social media lessons and become eligible to earn a team travel stipend.
Pre-event press release for your use!
Coach of the Year Nomination
Student of the Year Nomination
This Weekly National LifeSmarts Championship newsletter filled with highlights and reminders begins publication eight weeks prior to National LifeSmarts Championship.
- Cincinnati Communicator 1
- Cincinnati Communicator 2
- Cincinnati Communicator 3
- Cincinnati Communicator 4
- Cincinnati Communicator 5
- Cincinnati Communicator 6
- Cincinnati Communicator 7
- Cincinnati Communicator 8
Executive Transportation Discount: Executive Transportation is offering a discount for LifeSmarts teams. For your group to make reservations at the discounted rate ($35.00 one way per person or $45.00 round trip per person) use this link: https://executivetransportation.org/reservations. When entering the required information, you must enter LifeSmarts in the promo code section, and select Shuttle (shared ride) as the vehicle type.
Other Transporation Options
Southbank Shuttle Route Map
Cincinnati Streetcar Map
Parking and Skywalks Information
Things to Do and Places to Eat!
- Visit Cincy Activities for Students
- Roller Rink at Fountain Square
- Fountain Square Lunch on the Square and food trucks
- Downtown Restaurant Map
- Downtown Restaurant Guide
Leaks of the Week
Be on the lookout for Leaks of the Week on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Here’s your first leak! Practice unique question types you’ll see at Nationals
- Get your team up to speed: Review sample SpeedSmarts activities from past events
- Team Link Samples
- Sample practice rounds
- Practice Content
Announcing the 2023 Team T-Shirt Contest
- March 1 – 31: Competition 1 – Educational TikTok. Details in Coach memo
- March 15: Team Registration Due online!
- March 15: Team photo for social media due! Submit earlier if you can! Email to Cheryl Varnadoe
- March 15: Participation Release forms / Forms Packet due to Ryan Barhoush (if not submitted by your State LifeSmarts Coordinator)
- March 22: State Winning Coach Zoom 1 at 5:00 PM EST (Coaches required to attend one of the two Zooms)
- March 28: State Winning Coach Zoom 2 at 3:00 PM EST (Coaches required to attend one of the two Zooms)
- March 24: Anti-counterfeiting digital poster team entry due
- March 31: Deadline for Team Roll Call Recording
- April 7: Deadline for Identity Theft Essay Contest Application
- April 7: Deadline for OTC Medicine Safety Scholarship Application
- April 4: Deadline to make hotel reservation
- April 7: Stipend form due
- April 7: LifeSmarts Identity Theft Essay Contest entries due
- April 3 – 14: Competition 2 – Online Individual Topic Assessments
- April 20: Recorded Coach and Captain orientation shared
- April 21: Deadline for Student of the Year nominations
- April 28: Deadline for Coach of the Year nominations
- April 27 – 30: National LifeSmarts Championship – Cincinnati, Ohio
LifeSmarts Spirit of Team Sportsmanship Award
Example of Team Roll Call Reel – Due March 31st!
Pointers: Give 1 second before and after speaking at the beginning and end of the video to allow for the cross fade. Speak loud if outdoors, or try to film indoors. Do NOT add or use background music. Make it fun/unique/creative to your team! UPLOAD YOUR ROLL CALL REEL HERE
Additional Team Information
Contact us if you need assistance.
- Participation Release Forms REQUIRED for all participants including coaches. Email forms to Ryan Barhoush
- Team Photo for social media – Email to LifeSmarts Outreach Coordinator
- Coach of the Year Nomination
- Student of the Year Nomination