At the heart of LifeSmarts is competition. It’s what makes learning so rewarding, and what keeps LifeSmarts coaches and students coming back year after year. November provides a good reminder about all of the ways to compete with LifeSmarts.
- State competitions kick-off this month with Missouri’s Varsity and JV competitions right after Thanksgiving. (All other state competitions take place in the first quarter of 2018.)
- FCCLA/LifeSmarts Knowledge Bowl teams are competing this month at two FCCLA National Cluster Meetings. After the Knowledge Bowl competitions in DC and OKC conclude, 12 teams will know they are headed to Atlanta to compete at the NLC next summer! (Knowledge Bowl teams have a second chance opportunity when they compete online in January.)
- The FBLA LifeSmarts competitive event fall challenge just wrapped up online Nov. 10. Twelve winning teams will meet us in Baltimore for the NLC next summer. (FBLA teams have a second opportunity to compete in the spring challenge in February.)
- Monthly TeamSmarts competitions are open through January. This month five teams will each win $100 cash prizes for achieving the highest scores on the consumer rights and responsibilities assessment. (December TeamSmarts features Technology, and January focuses on the environment.)
- The National LifeSmarts Championship is coming into view – we’ll be in San Diego next April 21-24, 2018. New this year – five teams will be selected as automatic bids (wild card teams). To apply for an automatic bid teams must submit an application by December 1.