LifeSmarts is a partner with Toyota Financial Services and its 2018 Making Life Easier scholarship program. LifeSmarts participants are encouraged to apply for post-secondary scholarships through the Making Life Easier program which will award up to $1 million to college-bound students associated with select non-profit partners like LifeSmarts.
Recipients will be selected from all eligible applicants based on financial need, community involvement, and essay responses. Students associated with LifeSmarts can apply for scholarships of up to $20,000 that will be distributed over four years.
Successful past LifeSmarts Making Life Easier scholarship awardees have been active LifeSmarts participants, Safety Smart Ambassadors, team captains, or Student Advisory Board members, and have compelling personal stories.
- Apply by October 31, 2017
- Be between the ages of 16 and 26 as of the application deadline date and be members, alumni or staff of one of the non-profit partners listed on the application website. Volunteers are eligible only if they also meet organization requirements of being members, alumni or staff
- Be high school seniors, graduates, current post-secondary undergraduates, or graduate students
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent degree by September 2017
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate or graduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university, professional school or vocational-technical school in the United States for the entire 2017-18 academic year
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent)
- Be in good standing in the community and at school (i.e. not on disciplinary or academic probation)
Some exclusions apply, please visit the website for details.
LifeSmarts provides this opportunity to participants as a non-profit partner of Toyota Financial Services. LifeSmarts is not involved in awarding scholarships, but does have the opportunity to provide background about each applicant detailing their involvement with LifeSmarts. Send an email to Lisa Hertzberg, firstname.lastname@example.org, to provide background you would like to have provided to the selection committee.