Scholarships, automatic bids, FBLA and FCCLA competitions this month
LifeSmarts offers so many possibilities: competition, classroom lessons, community service projects, and scholarships. Now is a great time to get started! There are several things happening with LifeSmarts this month that can help get your players ready:
- Encourage your seniors and recent grads to apply for the Making Life Easier scholarship: Our friends at Toyota Financial Services are once again providing $1,000,000 in scholarships to students bound for college next year! Applicants must be participants in the LifeSmarts program, or alumni, and must apply by October 31.
- Safety Smart scholarships available now: LifeSmarts is working with Underwriters Laboratories to present Safety Smart, a service learning program that makes your students the teachers! LifeSmarts players who participate in Safety Smart can apply for a $1,000 scholarship. The deadline is December 1.
- Earn an automatic bid to the National LifeSmarts Championship: LifeSmarts is awarding five automatic bids to Nationals 2018 in San Diego. These bids will be awarded to teams who can demonstrate their application of consumer knowledge and a desire to compete at the national level. Teams interested in earning a bid and the $1,000 travel stipend must complete the online applicationby December 1.
- Register your FCCLA chapter for the FCCLA/LifeSmarts Knowledge Bowl: LifeSmarts is a competitive event with the Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA). Chapters can put their consumer sciences knowledge to the test against other chapters at this fall’s National Cluster Meetings, with the winners advancing to FCCLA-NLC in Atlanta next summer. Registration is open now and teams must compete online, taking a special TeamSmarts quiz, by October 27.
- Register your FBLA chapter for the LifeSmarts Competitive Event: LifeSmarts is also a competitive event with the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA). Competition begins with teams of two competing online. There are two challenges: the fall challenge is open October 16 – November 10, and the spring challenge opens next January. Twelve teams from each challenge qualify to compete at the FBLA-NLC next summer in Baltimore!
- Watch our new video to get an insider’s view of the Top 5 Study Tools for LifeSmarts this year.
And don’t forget that October is Personal Finance month here at LifeSmarts. There are plenty of materials available on our website, including new content vocabulary, weekly quizzes, Question-of-the-Day Calendars, and of course the monthly TeamSmarts quiz. So what are you waiting for? Get started today!
LifeSmarts: Learn it, Live it!