Scholarship deadlines, FBLA qualifiers, automatic bids, state competitions
Ready to tackle LifeSmarts? You are just in time! Here’s what’s available for your students this month:
- “Year of Health and Safety” Service Scholarships: LifeSmarts is offering scholarships to players who participate in our service learning projects: the UL Safety Smart Ambassador Program and theLifeSmarts OTC Medicine Safety Mentoring Project. Five participants from each project will receive a $1,000 scholarship – plus both projects can serve double duty for students needing service credit, or a service project for competition!
- Take the November TeamSmarts quiz: This 100-question assessment found on your team captain’s “My Quizzes” page is a great way to prepare for the online competition. It is a great practice tool, and you have a chance to win $100 for your team or chapter!
- Register your FBLA chapter for the LifeSmarts Competitive Event: working in pairs, FBLA members compete online for a spot at the FBLA-NLC in Baltimore next summer. The competition closes Nov. 10.
- Apply for an automatic bid to Nationals: The “wild card” competition just got wilder! This year, five LifeSmarts teams will each receive a $1000 travel stipend and direct qualification to the National LifeSmarts Championship in San Diego – including a guaranteed spot for FBLA, FCCLA, and 4-H teams! Interested teams must submit the online application by December 1 and complete the online qualifying quizzes and Winter TeamSmarts Challenge. Watch our new video to learn more.
- State competitions start to close in December: Teams in Hawaii should start preparing for the close of the online qualifiers! Players should take practice quizzes, use the study tools and games, and (once ready) take the five category quizzes and capstone test. The ideal time to take these quizzes is about one or two weeks before the closing date.
November is Consumer Rights month at LifeSmarts, where we’re talking about government agencies and programs, civics, college prep, and consumer rights in healthcare. When you visit our Consumer Rights resources page, you’ll find additional resources. It’s always a great time to use LifeSmarts!
— The LifeSmarts Team
LifeSmarts: Learn it. Live it.