The National Consumers League is excited to see all of you at the 24th National LifeSmarts Championship in San Diego!
This page will provide updates for teams. Check back often.
San Diego Sun (newsletter with highlights and reminders)
- #1 March 12, 2018
- #2 March 19, 2018
- #3 March 26, 2018
- #4 April 2, 2018
- #5 April 9, 2018
- #6 April 16, 2018
NEW Leaks of the Week from ConsumerMan Herb Weisbaum
Herb shared a few recent articles on fraud and identity theft. He will be talking about these issues and more during his presentation Saturday evening.
- How Hackers are Hijacking Your Cellphone Account
- Hackers Scored More Social Security Numbers than Stolen Credit Card Numbers in 2017
- This Former Identity Thief Now Fights the Crimes He Helped Perfect
- It’s Not Just You — American Received 30 Billion Robocalls Last Year
- Fighting Pollution by Saying ‘No’ to Plastic Straws
- See more at Herb’s ConsumerMan site
Share this Streaming flyer with your fans!
SpeedSmarts Team Sample Actvities
- Get your team up to speed: Review sample SpeedSmarts activities from past events
Announcing the 2018 Twitter Contest
Information about FREE ground transportation for teams April 21
Teams are encouraged to take advantage of free ground transportation on their day of arrival. The Hilton has employed Q-Star Charter to provide a 26-passenger bus to pick up LifeSmarts teams at the San Diego airport and deliver them to the Hilton. The bus will pick up at the airport at these times:
- 10 a.m.
- 11 a.m.
- 1 p.m.
- 2 p.m.
- 3 p.m. (last bus)
No need to reserve space — just meet the bus.
- Terminal 1: Bus will pick up curbside at Zone i
- Terminal 2: Bus will pick up curbside at Zone S
Pick up at terminal 1 will be on the hour, pick up at terminal two will be slightly after the hour.
- March 16: Deadline to register your team for competition
- March 21 (5:00 PM Eastern) or 27 (3:00 PM Eastern): Join one coaches’ call at (888) 585-9008, and use passcode 310237369#
- March 27: NEW Deadline just extended to book hotel rooms
- April 2: Stipend One request form and presentation forms due
- April 6: Student Advisory Board applications due
- April 6: Sister team pairings announced
- April 6: Guest meal forms due with payment
- April 13: Deadline for Safety Smart scholarship applications
- April 13: Deadline for Student of the Year nominations
- April 13: Deadline to nominate a student for the Sarah Weinberg scholarship
- April 13: Final Safety Smart and OTC presentation forms and stipend applications due (See links under April 2)
- April 20: Complete Competition 1 and bring poster to San Diego
- April 21-24: Compete, have fun, meet new friends, and enjoy San Diego!