Welcome FCCLA Students and Advisers!
LifeSmarts has always had a strong connection with FCCLA, and now student members of the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America have the opportunity to compete both in LifeSmarts and in the FCCLA/LifeSmarts Knowledge Bowl.
Click here for directions to register for LifeSmarts.
Click here for the FCCLA coach’s quick reference guide.
- Five-member teams register first online, then compete in-person at Cluster Meetings and NLC
- Teams must compete at a Cluster Meeting in order to qualify for the Championship at NLC.
- Twelve teams earn a berth at NLC via Cluster Meeting qualifying rounds
- Four teams earn a berth via the “Second Chance Round” online test in January
We invite FCCLA chapters to participate in state and national LifeSmarts tournaments.
- Four- or five-person teams compete online with the chance to advance to the National LifeSmarts Championship in April
- Teams must complete the online qualification quizzes before their state’s online closing date
- To receive an automatic bid to the LifeSmarts National Championship, FCCLA chapters must apply for the bid by December 1st.
LifeSmarts FCCLA Chapter Awards
FCCLA chapters can win monthly chapter awards! Register your team for the monthly TeamSmarts quiz to compete against other FCCLA chapters; the top-scoring team will receive a $100 cash prize! The TeamSmarts quizzes are open each month from September – January. Learn more about TeamSmarts here.
- Teams may compete in both their state’s LifeSmarts competition and in the FCCLA/LifeSmarts Knowledge Bowl.
- FCCLA teams may also apply for the wild card spot reserved for one FCCLA team to represent the organization and compete at the National LifeSmarts Championship.
- FCCLA teams are encouraged to compete in the monthly TeamSmarts quiz. Each month, from September – January, one FCCLA chapter will win a $100 cash prize for achieving the top score. (Teams may win one TeamSmarts chapter award per year.)
Please contact us with any additional questions. Best of luck in the competition this year!