Happy New Year from the LifeSmarts team!
January is when we lace up our running shoes and sprint to April and the National LifeSmarts Championship! So much happens in the next few months – here is a sneak peek of competition highlights and deadlines.
- January 1-31, 2018: Take the TeamSmarts quiz, focused this month on the environment. This is the last monthly quiz for the program year. Don’t miss out! Winning Varsity, JV, FBLA, FCCLA, and 4-H teams each receive $100 cash prizes. Click here to learn more about TeamSmarts.
- January 1-31: Teams vying to receive an at-large bid to the National LifeSmarts Championship will take a special TeamSmarts quiz to complete their quest.
- January 1-31: FCCLA teams advancing to FCCLA’s NLC next summer to compete in the FCCLA/LifeSmarts Knowledge Bowl will take a distinct TeamSmarts quiz. The quiz also serves as the second-chance opportunity for teams still hoping to compete next summer, and four worthy teams will win spots as well!
- January 26, 2018: This is the last day to compete for teams in states competing online-only. A minimum of four students must complete all topic quizzes and the capstone quiz to receive a final score. Check other state deadlines using our interactive map.
- January 29 – February 23: FBLA teams compete in the Spring Challenge, attempting to gain one of 12 final spots in the FBLA LifeSmarts Competitive Event at next summer’s FBLA NLC.
- January 31 – February 9: State Online Competitions for states with online-only competitions.
- February – March, dates vary: State Competitions are held across the country. Click here to find your state date.
- April 21-24: National LifeSmarts Championship in San Diego!
Join us for the exciting home stretch of the LifeSmarts program year!