We’re so glad you’re joining us for the 24th season of LifeSmarts.
The long-standing goal of LifeSmarts is to create consumer savvy young people who will be better equipped for adult life in today’s complex, global marketplace. The program helps turn young people into informed citizens, 21st century workers, and smarter consumers. With a multi-pronged approach to improving student knowledge of key consumer topics, LifeSmarts helps students develop critical thinking skills, gain teamwork skills, and explore leadership opportunities.
Let’s get started by showcasing the many great resources available at LifeSmarts.org! There are monthly team quizzes, a new app, new and refreshed teaching resources, and a unique and compelling competitive framework. Best of all — the program is free to all middle school and high school students and educators.
New features at www.lifesmarts.org:
- An updated “Word of the Day” feature. Each day we post a content vocabulary term, its definition, a corresponding resource, and a related LifeSmarts question. This is a ready-made bell ringer, a great way to enhance your daily lessons, and an excellent starting point for teams preparing for competition.
- New Question-of-the-day calendars. Use these in class, for team practice, or even to host a short LifeSmarts competition.
- A new LifeSmarts Coaches Facebook page. Send an email to moderator Sam Schachter (email@example.com) to be added to the list. The group allows educators to stay in touch, share competition and teaching strategies, and bounce ideas off one another.
- Just in time for football season, check out the LifeSmarts-specific edition of Visa’s Financial Football which offers more than 1,000 practice questions in a fun format.
- PDFs of “LifeSmarts in a Box,” a teaching toolkit for educators. LifeSmarts in a Box provides fun classroom and group activities, a content vocabulary framework, critical thinking questions, sample LifeSmarts competition questions, and more. View and download the sections you need.
- New Content Vocabulary terms which will be highlighted throughout the year in online and live competitions.
Popular resources that have been updated:
- Use the Daily Quiz as a bell-ringer activity. Each time you launch the quiz you get five new questions that cover all LifeSmarts subjects.
- Monthly TeamSmarts quizzes from September through January focus on a specific LifeSmarts topic each month. The September quiz focuses on health and safety. NEW this year – $100 cash prizes will be available to the top Varsity, FBLA, FCCLA, 4-H, and JV teams each month!
- Check out the new LifeSmarts Adventure episode! This is a great practice tool that students can use independently.
Thanks for joining us for the 2017-18 LifeSmarts year! As always, you can “contact us” and let us know what you think.