LifeSmarts is mobile! Today LifeSmarts is launching an exciting new learning tool for students and coaches, “LifeSmarts Adventure,” its first-ever mobile app. We are very excited about this extension to the LifeSmarts program. Visit LifeSmartsAdventure.org to get started.
The first LifeSmarts Adventure is a virtual, cross-country road trip touring five U.S. national parks. The second version of LifeSmarts Adventure, with a new theme and content focus, will launch in the new year. To play, students answer a series of LifeSmarts curriculum questions at each stop. The app tracks progress and leaderboards show top-scoring travelers. The top three participants earn trophies that stay with them on future LifeSmarts Adventures, with new episodes released periodically throughout the LifeSmarts program. Students who earn trophies will have the chance to win prizes.
Designed as a practice tool for LifeSmarts students to quiz themselves and see how they measure up against their peers from across the country, LifeSmarts Adventure offers a unique, fun approach to study content, compete, and win prizes, all while “on the go” in an app format.
The LifeSmarts Adventure app features:
- Focus on LifeSmarts content: The first episode of LifeSmarts Adventure focuses entirely on personal finance topics, such as money management and investing
- On the go portability where students may practice on their own mobile device
- A fun and accessible way to showcase LifeSmarts to new users and adult consumers (invite parents and administrators to see how they measure up against your LifeSmarts students!)
- Leaderboards that show students how compare to their peers across the country
- Opportunities for recognition, virtual completion badges and trophies, and prizes such as gift cards
- Easy-to-use, attractive interface
- Fun theme of a National Parks road trip
LifeSmarts Adventure is a web-based app that is best rendered on a mobile device using a browser with an Internet connection, but the app may also be viewed using a computer at LifeSmartsAdventure.org. On your first visit create a unique username and password – the app is separate from accounts at LifeSmarts.org.
The app was made possible by a new partnership with LifeSmarts sponsor LifeLock, Inc. Look for new episodes to launch about eight times a year.
We would love to hear what you think! Send us your comments and feedback.